Monday, January 19, 2009

"Super" May Be Overstating It.

It takes a big man to admit when he was wrong. I wouldn't know, but that is what I have heard. I am, however, dumbfounded by the outcome of Sunday's early game which pitted the Philadelphia Eagles against the Arizona Cardinals. I don't understand how Arizona can keep winning. And they play really well and look like a good team doing it. It helps that Donovan Mcnabb turns the ball over alot, but in his defense (the only time I will come to his defense), if I saw Adrian Wilson coming off the corner, I would probably wet myself and drop the ball too. That guy is scary. Like... really scary. I think if he fought a gorilla, it would go the distance. Gorilla's don't give up easily.

The truth is, I actually like watching the Cardinals play. They are fun to watch and Larry Fitzgerald just might be the most electrifying man in sports entertainment (a title previously self applied by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson). I think the best way to describe Fitzgerald's game is "Awesomely Awesome." He catches everything and then outruns everyone on the field. He is like TO or Ocho Cinco, but at the same time NOTHING like TO or Ocho Cinco in that his team wins and everyone seems to like him.

I can't wrap my mind around my feelings toward the Cardinals. Its like the logical side of my mind looks at them and laughs, but then when I watch them play I am entertained. It's like listening to Oasis. I have never wanted to not like a band so badly. But the music... it's just plain good.


The second (yawn) game on Sunday was the Pittsburgh Stillers against the Baltimore Ravens. This game went exactly how you would expect. Two good defenses and one boring offense with one terrible offense. Boring won, but you know who lost? America. America loses when the Steelers win. The Steelers defense is pretty impressive, but like the Cardinals, they had help. Joe Flacco's QB rating reads like the grade on an undiagnosed dyslexics English paper. The rookie stunned onlookers by going 13-30 with 141 yds passing - 0 TDs and 3 INTs. Elmer Fudd could give Joe Flacco advise on accuracy.

It's no secret - This Super bowl is going to suck. I will be cheering for the Cardinals, but they will need a miracle to get past the Stiller's defense. And then we will have to endure Steeler fans. They are the Cousin Eddie of NFL fans. The only people I hate to see have success more than Steeler fans are child molesters... and they are a close second. And then maybe we can put this season the rest and I will forget about this whole experience by the time the next season comes around.



Now onto something closer to my heart. We all know by now that Mike Tyson is the most devastating villian in a video game ever. Apparently I have done something right because now he can add documentary to his resume! The thought of this documentary makes me giddy. And it's not one of those documentaries where the director talks to everyone except the person the documentary is about... I hate when they do that. In this one, the director actually talk to Mike Tyson! And Mike Tyson talks back! Oh, man I can't wait for this. If anyone is planning on getting me a gift anytime soon - this is what I want. If given a choice between ths documentary and the wisdom of Soloman, I would really have to think about it. MTV was nice enough to provide a clip of the documentary and I don't want to spoil it, but in the clip he talks about meeting his first trainer. His initial reaction is beyond priceless. I'm not kidding. I am so excited about this movie.

If the link above didn't work, here it is - watch it, trust me:
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/01/15/james-tobacks-tyson-documentary-debuts-at-sundance-get-your-first-look-here/

No comments:

Post a Comment